Last update: October 28, 2020
Information We Collect
In accordance to EU data protection laws like the GDPR, at any time you can contact us to get a copy of all information that we have on you.
You can request we delete all the information we have about you at any time.
Information Collected from You
We collect information you voluntarily share with us either through the Website interface (e.g. by filling out a form) or otherwise. Such information may include:
- Your full name;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Physical address;
- Country of residence;
- Any document you upload to the Website;
- Information you communicate to us through the Website or by email;
- Information transmitted by social networking sites or applications (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, etc.) in any case where you interact with profiles held or controlled by Fourwaves on such social networking platforms. These sites or platforms could be governed by other policies regarding personal information which may also be applicable.
Information Collected Automatically
Some information is collected automatically while you browse or use the Website. This information may include:
- Your computer IP address;
- Your browser settings and operating system;
- Your mobile device settings if you are accessing the Website from a mobile device;
- Location data and geographical coordinates;
- Pages visited, items viewed and clickstream data;
Information Collected through Cookies
Sensitive financial information with respect to payments made through the Website are not available to Fourwaves.
Some collected information may not fall under the definition of personal information and may not be subject to all obligations contained herein or set forth by applicable laws and regulations.
How We Use Collected Information
We use collected information to:
- Contact you about our products and services;
- Send automated emails to confirm email addresses or our receipt of a request from you;
- Respond to your inquiries about our products and services;
- Perform analyses about our customers;
- Build databases from information on our actual and potential customers;
- Personalize your experience of the Website, including by storing your preferences and selected or favorite items;
We use the information collected automatically, on an anonymous basis, in order to, inter alia:
- Monitor Website traffic;
- Improve Website performance, including by assessing which pages or features are most seen or used by visitors;
- Perform analyses about traffic to the Website;
Storage of Information
We keep collected personal information until concerned individuals request that it be deleted or until such time where it is not required by our activities. However, except as required by applicable laws and regulations, we do not commit to keep any information for a determined length of time.
Collected personal information is stored in encrypted electronic format in servers located in Canada.
Collected information is protected by commercially reasonable security measures considering the sensitivity of the information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
In the event where the sale or restructuring of the enterprise carried out by Fourwaves is contemplated (a “Transaction”), we reserve the right to disclose collected information, including personal information, to persons and organizations involved both before and after the Transaction, whether or not it is actually completed. Such persons or organizations shall commit to keep personal information confidential and to use same only to the extent required to assess the opportunity of the Transaction or in compliance with this Policy.
We may also disclose personal information to third parties if compelled by competent authorities or if expressly permitted by law.
You may access our personal information or ask that erroneous information be corrected. You must make a written request to that effect at the following address: email@example.com.
We will respond to your written request at the latest within 30 days of receipt and will give you reasonable access to your personal information within what is permitted by applicable law. Fees could apply in certain cases.
We may verify the identity of individuals seeking to access personal information. Any information provided for identification purposes will not be recorded nor used for any other purpose.
We abide by the laws and regulations governing unwanted electronic communications. If you no longer wish to receive electronic communications from Fourwaves, you may so advise us at any time in writing at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will continue to have the right to contact you about your orders, requests for information or in connection with the handling of your personal information.
Changes to this Policy
Any claim, dispute or complaint with respect to the subject matter of this Policy shall be brought before the competent authority of the Province of Quebec or Canada, sitting in the judicial district of Montreal, hereby excluding any other forum or jurisdiction.
For any additional information about our handling of personal information, please contact us at: email@example.com.